FEA software company Mecway is pleased to announce the availability of Mecway FEA 17.0 is a specialized software solution that is designed to help professionals analyze finite element packages, no matter the type of projects they are working with (static, dynamic, acoustic, thermal, buckling, and so on).
Changes in 17.0
– All the same stress and strain field variables are available for solids and shells, including laminate layers, except for in-plane principal stress.
– In-plane principal stress deprecated. Use Principal stress instead which has all 3 values.
– In-plane principal stress is no longer displayed on both shell surfaces together.
– Solver responds to the cancel button faster.
– Von Mises failure criterion for shells includes transverse shear stress.
– Bending moment (legacy) is no longer generated when solving.
– Suppresed loads and constraints applied directly to nodes/faces/elements no longer have their named selections written to .inp files.
– ERROR_STR_% excluded from CCX solution using the NOE variable in *EL FILE.
– Most errors generating the .inp file for CCX are now fatal and cause CCX not to be started.
– Contour plot max/min has an option to make the range symmetric about zero.
– Displacement and Node rotation show “Constrained direction” and “Constrained axis” respectively for clarity.
– Relabelled Maximum element size to Maximum element size at surfaces in STEP file meshing parameters.
– New API functions: named_selections() and components().
– Command line accepts filenames outside the current directory unless they contain wildcards (* or ?).
– Project onto surface caused a crash on 2nd use.
– Swap master and slave in bonded contact caused a crash when the slave is beam end faces.
– Opening a file from the command line failed when it has a STEP file included.
– Unrefining truss elements retain their truss flag.
– Crash with abrupt exit when solving modal vibration with small models in certain cases.
– “Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.” with modal vibration, centrifugal force, and unused nodes.
– The automatic scale on the contour plot sometimes didn’t include extrema on element faces not at the nodes.
Mecway is a specialized software solution that is designed to help professionals analyze finite element packages, no matter the type of projects they are working with (static, dynamic, acoustic, thermal, buckling, and so on). In addition to a graphical user interface, it has an integrated mesh modeler (preprocessor), multi-threaded solver and a graphic post-processor. Its seamless interoperability with the integrated CalculiX solver (CCX) also allows it to leverage the extensive analysis capabilities of CalculiX, especially for non-linear and anisotropic models.
FE mesh generation can be carried out manually or automatically based on imported geometry models. For this purpose, the program offers the option of importing geometry data in the file formats commonly used by CAD programs (STEP, IGES, STL, DXF).
Mecway makes engineering simulation software that is powerful, easy to use and affordable for everyone from large companies with in-house engineers through to individual consultants and students. The software is targeted to general purpose mechanical and thermal simulation.
Product: Mecway FEA
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page : https://mecway.com/
Languages Supported: english
System Requirements: Windows *
Size: 200.2 mb