使用RAD Studio XE2，只需使用Delphi撰写应用程序代码一次，就可同时针对Windows和Mac目标平台进行编译，还可为iOS开发应用程序。 C++Builder应用程序可同时被编译到Windows和Mac平台。而是要RadPHP，可以轻松地为Web开发应用程序。RAD Studio XE2应用程序可被编译为简单而执行效率高的可执行程序，易于分发和部署。
使用RAD工具可以快速开发出可视化原型。在开始正式的开发之前，您可通过实际的GUI原型获得客户的即时反馈。RAD Studio XE2还带有上千个内置的可扩展组件，这增加了可重用性，并且加速您的开发过程。
RAD Studio XE2所带的应用开发平台VCL和FireMonkey，能帮助开发人员快速开发具有更高质量用户界面和丰富的数据和服务连通性的商业程序。VCL框架用于构建传统的Win32和Win64基于窗体的GUI应用程序，它主要利用Windows操作系统及其API，例如GDI来绘制UI。 FireMonkey是富商业应用平台，使开发人员能在Windows、Mac和iOS平台上可视化开发绚丽的高清和3D商业应用程序，同时具有不可思议的高性能。
在您使用RAD Studio时，您的应用就具有了高速连接主流数据库的内在能力。 使用Windows服务器创建多层应用程序，并支持多种操作系统上的客户端。您还可连接到广泛的各种数据和服务上。
Embarcadero ® Delphi ® XE4 – this is a simple-to-learn application development environment for a variety of devices, which allows you to create high-performance, full-featured native-app for computers, tablet PCs and smart phones, and quickly bring them to market.
Now, only one database source, a single command and a single working schedule to fully monitor the development of applications and make them safer and more comfortable for users.
Multi-Device, True Native
Companies are under pressure to deliver apps that their customers can use in the office and on the road, but coding and managing these different versions can be costly and time-consuming.
The advantages of multi-device development
Multi-device app development means you don’t have to support multiple development projects to deliver your app natively on multiple platforms (iOS, Windows, and Mac).
Why is multi-device with RAD Studio the best development approach?
- Most desktop development solutions don’t support mobile app development
- Most mobile development solutions do not support the creation of PC apps for Windows and Mac
- As a result, development teams not using RAD Studio often have to support multiple development projects using different tools, programming languages, code bases, and sometimes different teams to deliver their app on both desktop and mobile devices
Building your app in RAD Studio eliminates the need to engage in multiple development efforts for the same application on multiple devices. This means you get to market faster, on more platforms – for the first release and every release after that – while keeping costs down.
What are “true native” apps, and why should you care?
True native app development lets you deliver script-free, device-native apps that expose the full range of capabilities and performance in the underlying devices – for faster, richer apps that end users love.
Many tool vendors are using the term “native” app development to describe web technologies and scripts wrapped into an app package to deliver an app-like user experience. This approach can impose limits on app performance and capabilities.
How do true native apps built with RAD Studio differ from what others might call “native”?
True native apps in RAD Studio are script-free and run directly on hardware CPU delivering the following advantages:
- Fast – Uncompromised native device performance with full native API and CPU control when you need it, and not limited by or slowed by script interpreters and virtual machines.
- Predictable – Apps run directly on the device CPU, as intended by the device vendors, and are not slowed by additional software layers and processes, such as random garbage collection.
- Better User Experience (UX) – Apps take full advantage of device capabilities and performance.
RAD Studio is the app development suite for companies that need to create true native apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones and get them to market fast.