Group ALiAS released “Gunpoint”, a new 2D stealth game about rewiring things and punching people. This is the RIP which is only about 50mb meanwhile WaLMaRT’s release (pre’d earlier this afternoon) is over 600mb. Have fun.
Description: Gunpoint is a stealth puzzle game that lets you rewire its levels to trick people. You play a freelance spy who takes jobs from his clients to break into high security buildings and steal sensitive data. To get past security, you’ll need to make creative use of your main gadget: the Crosslink.
To get past security, you’ll need to make creative use of your main gadget: the Crosslink. It lets you see how all the security devices in a level are wired up, and then you can just click and drag with the mouse to wire them differently. So you can connect a lightswitch to a trapdoor, then flick it when a guard walks across to make him fall through.
– “Brilliantly executed, this is one of the year’s best games.” 9/10 – Videogamer.com
– “What’s already here is an unmitigated triumph… a game which secretes player choice into its dialogue and comedy into its second-to-second sneaking.” 9/10 – PCGamesN
-”Just mucking around in these little sandboxes is a blast – and in that sense, it’s the best sort of game, where play is its own reward.” 8/10 – Eurogamer
-”If you love taking your time, engineering levels, rules and situations for maximum entertainment, then you’ll get a lot out of it. Gunpoint is a game you play, not one that plays you.” – Wired.co.uk
- Rewire levels to work however you want
- Trick guards into trapping themselves or shooting each other
- Throw yourself – and others – through plate glass windows
- Investigate a noir-inspired story of murder and espionage over 20 missions
- Choose what to tell your clients, including lying to trick them
- Choose your own playstyle: quick, quiet, non-violent, no living witnesses, or any combination
- Discover new solutions to levels that no-one else has thought of
- Buy specialist gadgets to suit how you want to play
- All story stuff is skippable
- Hardest puzzles are optional
- No bosses – everyone dies in one shot, including you