OverTone DSP FC70 v1.0.1 Mac OS X | 10 MB
The FC70 emulates the legendary smooth, effortless dynamic control and uniquely musical character of the classic Fairchild 670 limiter. Modelled using measured data and schematics from genuine hardware, the FC70 uses a fully balanced design, combined with innovative delay-free feedback topology to emulate the original circuitry. The sidechain includes the fast attack and program dependent release settings of the original, combined with Lateral / Vertical, Independent and Linked stereo channel modes.
• Fully balanced transformer-coupled design: Emulates the original 670 circuitry.
• Physical Control Weighting: Replicates the ‘feel’ as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.
• Delay-free feedback design: Innovative DSP provides a delay-free feedback topology, replicating the original circuit design.
• Soft-knee limiter: As in the original hardware, onset of limiting is progressive as level increases, for smooth, transparent limiting.
• Program dependent release: Time-constants include two program dependent settings which react to the prevailing program dynamics.
• Three stereo modes: Independent L / R, Linked and Lateral / Vertical mode for flexible stereo processing.