CODEX has released the new platformer game “Spate” for PC.
Description: Spate is a surreal platformer by former Disney Animation and Jim Henson artist Eric Provan. It’s a platformer with a strong focus on story and atmosphere. It’s as much Mario as it is Dear Esther. Spate is the journey of one man’s struggle and descent into madness that is fueled by his addiction to absinthe following the tragic death of his daughter. Detective Bluth is hired to investigate mysterious disappearances that have been occurring on an island offshore, and figures that he has nothing left to lose. The detective hopes to uncover some of the island’s mysterious, but is finding it increasingly difficult to battle his own pain. The death of his daughter continues to haunt him mercilessly, and his regrets at their last moments together are chasing his pain deeper into his heart. As his absinthe use increases it becomes harder and harder for him to tell reality from fiction. Soon he finds he is fighting for more than just the missing people… he is fighting against the madness as well.
- Visuals – Artist Eric Provan, previously of Jim Henson, Walt Disney, and Sony Animation, has created an unforgettably surreal steampunk world. Layered with rain, symbolism, and atmosphere.
- Narration – Fully narrated by award winning Voice Actor Jack Bair
- Story – Join the detective on a missing persons case that brings him to the mysterious X Zone islands. He hopes to uncover some of the island’s mysterious, but is finding it increasingly difficult to battle his own pain; the death of his daughter and his growing alcohol problem. Will he succumb to the impending madness?
- Secrets – Discover tons of hidden content and easter eggs
- Alternate Endings – Which path will you chose to take?
- Drink – Take a swig of absinthe at any point in the game. Side-effects may occur.
- Soundtrack – Enjoy the haunting handcrafted score by award winning composer Mike Raznick
- Controls – Fully tested with Xbox360 controller and Logitech Gamepad F31
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie
Developer: Eric Provan – Ayyo Games
Publisher: Ayyo Games